Why has blogging become so important for your business?
Most people are aware that blogging is a vital tool in directing traffic to a website, but many do not realize just how important blogging has become for business. Blogging was derived from the term, “web log” a once popular trend in which individuals created personal online diaries. It has since expanded to include all forms of website content management.
There are many reasons that blogs are important for your business and you might be surprised to learn that if your website does not have one, your marketing and SEO efforts will likely fail.
There is nothing more important for your website than domain authority if it wants to rank high on the SERPS.
- Blogs offer consumers and businesses the opportunity to free express themselves and write about the products and services they love.
- Blogs can be created easily without restrictions of age, gender, sexuality or social class.
- Blogs can be spread over the social sphere in a matter of minutes allowing your brand to reach a global audience.
- Blogs can display a number of different media formats including video, audio, graphic and text which reaches a wider variety of markets.
- Blogs are a trending way to encourage individuals and business to engage and associate with your brand through creative methods such as guest posting, opt ins and sharing of content.
- Blogs can be used to monetize your website with advertising.
Since the introduction of WordPress 3.8.0 in January 2014, blogging websites on this platform have become less difficult to create and navigate. It is no longer necessary for anyone to pay an “IT” company to maintain a website once it has been designed.
This is great news for small and mid size business who cannot afford the hefty fees involved in the upkeep of a website. Business owners are no longer being held hostage by companies who charge huge amounts of money for adding simple changes.
Blogging like everything else, has become a set it and forget it means of driving traffic to a website. Isn’t modern technology great?